URGENT: Senior Qualified Chartered Accountant [ACA/ACCA] – Brentwood Essex
Excellent package + private health + phone + great holidays + discretionary bonus
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Manager to join a rapidly growing boutique Chartered practice, located in newly refurbished offices on the High Street in Brentwood, Essex.
The directors are looking for someone to head up the Accounts Production team, having full responsibility for statutory compliance around accounts production, corporation tax and VAT.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, having both the soft and technical skills to manage and grow the team whilst being able to identify opportunities and implement change to increase capacity, improve control and expand the service offering in line with regulatory and commercial demand.
This firm has seen extraordinary organic growth since inception in 2012. Now operating across three distinct locations, Canary Wharf, Manchester and Essex, it has a diverse client base covering Construction, Financial Services, Ecommerce, Sports & Entertainment, with client turnover ranging from £200k to £15m.
- Run client portfolio which will include a full spectrum of services including, year-end accounting, management accounting & bookkeeping VAT, Payroll and corporation tax work.
- Oversee the work of various accounting team members involved in the direct production of accounts, VAT etc. and act as a manager, reviewer and technical expert to their team, ensuring a quality service is delivered and clients’ needs are represented.
- Compile and review VAT returns
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients;
- Provision of general tax advice to clients;
- You will be expected to be able to write professional letters, reports and other written submissions for review by partners for use with clients and other relevant third parties;
- Develop, retain and motivate junior/semi senior members of staff (includes ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for appraisees)
- Be the final reviewer on most year-end and other compliance work and will have responsibilities for delivery and explaining the accounts to the client.
- coordinate with various other experts and departments around the firm to ensure that technical issues can be resolved for clients swiftly.
- Work as part of the management team on issues such as resources planning, staff retention, improving tools and processes and managing capacity
- Keep up to date with all technical developments to ensure continued excellent services with the client
- MS Office
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent preferably with 5 or more years’ post-qualification experience in an accountancy practice.
You will have proven client relationship skills and broad accounts and tax knowledge with the ability to advise clients directly.
Please send a paragraph detailing why we should consider your application and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org